Business Improvement Techniques:
Level 2 & 3 Process Pathway
The Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) NVQ is ideally suited to Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Setter Operators and Operators who are involved in the improvement process of their Company.
The Course involves a practical approach to the identification and implementation of improvements within the production areas. It requires attendance at knowledge sessions (6 sessions x 2 hrs) and on-the job assessment. The Candidates will then be able to support the implementation of new systems and standardisation throughout their Company.
The Knowledge sessions may include (dependent on the course topics chosen):
- Health & Safety
- Tools & Techniques for problem solving – Ishikawa Diagram, Brainstorm
- SWOT Analysis
- OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
- Workplace Organisation (5S)
- SPC (Statistical Process Charts)
- Visual Management Systems
- Six Sigma
- Value Stream Mapping
- Lean Manufacturing overview
- TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance)
- 7 Wastes & 6 Losses
There a 4 mandatory sections (Units) and 2 optional ones to be taken at level 2 and 6 mandatory and 3 optional at level 3.