Course No. PD08
Assertive people tend to be more personally effective and achieve better results at work than those who, against their wishes or better judgment, give way to others. Being assertive does not mean being aggressive – what it does mean is being able to put forward your own needs, ideas and feelings while respecting the rights of others to do the same. This workshop provides a hands on opportunity for delegates to test their own behaviour and levels of assertiveness and to boost these levels using techniques, which can be used at work.
By the end of this one-day course you will be able to:-
- Understand the significance of passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour styles
- Deal with criticism and conflict assertively
- Select the appropriate style of response in particular situations
- Put the theory of assertiveness into practice
- Be more personally effective, positive and proactive
All managers and administrative staff who need to be decisive and confident in dealing with others. We keep the number of delegates to a maximum of four so as to facilitate more privacy therefore building confidence.