Course No. ML16
Most people work better under a certain amount of pressure. When pressure boils over into stress a number of potential dangers appear:
- Breakdown of health of stressed individuals
- Breakdown of interaction with colleagues
- Lack of creativity
- Reduced productivity
- Low Morale, poor industrial relations
- Poor retention of key staff
- Accusations of negligence of employer
It is vital that managers understand the difference between pressure and stress and is able to recognise early symptoms of stress in themselves and others.
Explanation of difference between healthy pressure and unhealthy stress; introduction to preventive and coping strategies; practice in using strategies and techniques.
Directors, professionals, executives, managers.