Course No. OM05
TOPS G8D Problem Solving
Present a disciplined approach to problem solving through TOPS (Team Oriented Problem Solving) and The G8Ds (8 Disciplines).
� Reviewing the stages of development of a Team
� Review the effectiveness of Team communication
� Team Leader and Scribe confirmed
� Agree individual Team member’s roles and responsibilities.
� Agree the Goals of the Team
Commencing immediately after the Team building session the following will be presented to the Team members:
1. Problem Description
2. Problem Solving Worksheet (Is / Is not)
4. Problem Prevention Worksheet
7. Ishikawa Diagram
8. 11 Step Cause & Effect Methodology
1. An overview of the 8Ds approach will be presented
2. The Osborne Open Brainstorming technique
3. Five Whys
The delegates will identify a live problem and evaluate the seriousness of that problem in terms of quantity and value. They will use the range of tools and techniques presented.